Friday, April 13, 2012

10 Things

Today's HAWMC Challenge is to list 10 Things I Couldn't Live Without. Without further adieu...



1. My family (kids, hubby, etc...) - Obviously

2. My friends - They love me, they love my kids, they help me be creative and feel sane. Don't know where I'd be without them.

3. Water - totally not being facetious there. I drink tons and TONS of water. It's pretty much the only thing I drink ever. And I get major headaches when I don't drink enough. We're talking about probably every drop of a 2L of water every day.

4. Books - I've said it before, I love to read!

5. Sun screen - I'm pale. Really, really pale. And really, really prone to sunburn. And sunburn hurts. And causes wrinkles. But mostly hurts.

6. Ad.vil - I have awful cramps during my period. And it's the only thing that works. Granted, it's probably about 3 pills more than is "recommended", but whatev'. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do to simply get outta bed some days.

7. Sleep - nearly a year and a half of nights that were punctuated with 2, 3, 4, or more wakings, I can't ever do that again.

8. Melatonin - you know, for baby E. It's the only way I've been getting nearly full nights of sleep the past month. And it. is. heavenly. (And I refer you to #7)

9. Outlets to help people - I am pretty darn sure I could be a stay-at-home momma. But I would still have to have some kind of outlet to support kids and families.

10. Chocolate - Okay, I could totally live without this. And, it would probably mean I'd be about 10lbs lighter. But, the important question is, would I want to? Also, I really couldn't think of anything else.


What would be on your list of things you couldn't live without? You know, beyond the obvious (family and friends).


Today's lesson - Strangely, it's kind of hard, sometimes, to think of 10 things you really couldn't do without. And, honestly, the people on this list are it. I could live without the rest. Well, except for water. I mean, because, really, your body actually HAS to have that to survive.

1 comment:

Astrid said...

Hi Becky! You said you love to read. I am currently looking for a new book to read. I just finished Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and Room, and now I am on the hunt for a new read. Any suggestions?